Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Bumps and stumps

WOW wedding planning is just not fun for me.  I wonder if it is also because I am working so heavily on my Cousin's quick turnaround wedding that has been a total of 3 months or less due to happen 10.10.10.  Which I also don't understand why people get hung up on a date.  I like having a random date that you make special with your own personal holiday.  It's almost like a HUGE Unbirthday.

If Alice in Wonderland hadn't been beaten up so much these past couple years I would of liked that as my theme for the wedding.  As it is we are going for a "Under the Sea Theme".  Not some cheesy prom type, something classy and crafty.  I figured using a theme would help me to eliminate and to focus on what kind of decorations and invitations I want to use.  Also it is something I personally never tire of.  I could study Sea Creatures and their shapes and colors forever.

The main creatures in mind are Sea Horses, Jelly fish, Anemones and of course Octopi!  How strange most people must think I am but if you really know me then this is only natural to pull for my inspiration.

I've also decided not to focus on just one color of green but to let it organically be several shades of green.  Also to not neccessarily make my Bridesmaids all wear the same dress but let them chose something in the similar style so that they can all feel comfortable in their own right and have a dress that they will wear again as well. 

Lastly for this post I found my Shoes for the reception!

No comments:

Post a Comment