Thursday, March 11, 2010

Off to a Running Start

The OCD part of me loves lists and this is not a bad thing in planning, especially such a momentous event. Right after that wedding for his cousin we started to brainstorm with exactly what we did and did not want for our own wedding. It was very clear the first thing was not to be wasteful. Though we do not consider ourselves green we still hate unnecessary waste all around. If recycling means there is less garbage in the trashcan then we are up to the challenge, if using cloth shopping bags holds more groceries you can be sure we will leave the plastic grocery bags behind.

The first two lists are simple and they help to organize themselves out. Things I do want for my wedding, or as I have set them “My Wedding goals/lists”. The “lists” were added in because most of these goals will turn into subcategory lists of their own as I expand. The second list is simple “Things I do NOT want”. It is a reminder list as I plan of all the things that I don’t want and to steer clear of as planning. Currently we are doing this one our own, no wedding planner in mind. But if at some point we do have a wedding planner you can be sure the first thing they will receive is the “Things I do NOT want” list and probably some form of contract stating that if they include anything from that list we owe them nothing.



My Weddings Goals/Lists

- Support as much local as possible

- Not be wasteful in all ways that I can

- Have my own music tastes

- No vows, maybe a unity candle

- Make it as easy for everyone as possible

- Have a unique dress that is reusable

- No more then 150 guests present if possible

- Must be warm/nice outside to have some exterior party/tent space

- Lot’s of friends and family involved

- Cocktail hour with hors d'oeuvres

- Completely edible Cake minus the Toppers

- Traditional Korean Dress Photos with Family



Things I do NOT want

- Tons of cut flowers

- Wasteful party favors or decorations

- Over the top budget

- Pressure on Andy to do something he doesn’t want in ceremony

- No traditional wedding bible verses

- Bad cheesy DJ

- Traditional processional music

- Not pets involved

- Heavily embellished dress

No comments:

Post a Comment