Thursday, March 10, 2011

Pleats in progress

I got in my 11 yards of silk Organza and now I am finding that I have run into a total block.  I did another swatch of the embroidery on organza with colors to see if I like them. Then I started on the ruffles and pleats and I was totally lost.  I guess it's just hard because I don't have a clear picture in my head of what I want and what I am going for.

Finally I took the time and put together a small mood board and pleat ruffle guide.  I know I want three layers or pleats or ruffles and for them to vary in size.  they will be covered over with a single layer of organza so you can see them but they aren't the outer section.  I think that I feared to intentionally sketch it out because I didn't want to be stuck with just one things, one idea.  I just need to force myself to plow through and remember this first dress may not be the last dress or the wedding dress.

So here is my current inspiration guide board on the pleats

No comments:

Post a Comment