Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Headpieces

I've fallen in love with this headpiece from BHLDN but of course I don't want to make my Bridesmaids pay $80 for something they will wear perhaps once and also for color that is not going to be flattering with them or the rest of the wedding.  The colors by the way are below.  Don't mind the yellow that is just supposed to represent Gold.
 
Now the Head bands below.
Dismantling this in my head is it most likely a wire metal frame that has a braided cord slipped over all the ends.  I wish I could see better the way the middle is attached.  I think it is just more of the braided ribbon/cord used to wrap around the wire head band to keep it consistent.  I've figured out the best way to do this is with a thick wire.  I had a really hard time searching but I think I have a super cheap solution. Originally I was tyring to find a thick base metal bezel wire but that was a total crap shot.  The I realized the cheapest metal was given to me nearly every week from the dry cleaners in the form of wire clothes hangers!  I think these will do the trick,  they are annoying to bend so they will keep their shape, if I screw up I don't have to worry about money being flushed down the drain just grab another.  It won't have that flatness I want but I'm hoping to find either a cord or make my own bias ribbon to cover it with.  We shall see how this goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment