Friday, December 17, 2010

Motivation

Well my mom over the weekend sure wasn't a great motivator to start working on my dress.  I thought I would make one last ditch attempt to find a dress that is mostly what I want that I could just add or build up on. 
I tried this on at Saks 5th over the weekend and it so lovely but Mom put a firm NAY on it being a wedding dress option.  It was a much lighter Creme color instead of the Tan one they have on their website.

Oh I found a picture but you can't see it as clearly as the Tan one anyways. Not that it matters much since Mom said Nay.
You might wonder why I am putting so much stock into what my mom says.  Well I figure let the Ceremony be hers and the Reception me and Andy's!  I am the only girl and the youngest so she will never get to have this moment ever again.  I like always make considerations to my Mom's happiness within reason. 

Trying on this dress did give me some ideas for my own dress.  Perhaps I will go with a more Traditional Hanbok for the entire thing.  I'll just do a white/creme one for the ceremony and have a layer of colorfulness to slip on for the reception!  Genius!  Two dresses in one!  I doubt that will happen but I can still dream right? 

I found these gorgeous modern Hanbok designs today from this Site. This is what is inspiring me right now.













This Last picture is of someone else's modern Hanbok from their wedding and I love the rainbow color choices.  Ideally I want to use something similar in colors.  Usually it's the sleeves of the jacket (jeogori) that are decorated in a rainbow pattern and the dress itself is one plain bold color.

No comments:

Post a Comment