Monday, August 9, 2010

ENGAGED!

Yep we finally made it to that point where there is a ring on my little finger.  It had been waiting for me so long that I forgot what the ring even looked like that I had picked out.  It is more sparkly and beautiful then I thought was possible.  The way the Stone is set really catches every single faucet of light available.


So the Story as I tell if is this....
Thursday night August 5th:  We are discussing the line up for the next morning at the Parks and Rec office to be put in the lottery for the North Bank Pavillion.  Andy decided he didn't want to go because it was too early in the month and he wanted to discuss it with his parents first.  I said wouldn't that be awkard to want to discuss wedding planning without us being Engaged?  He said "looks like someone is going to need their ring" then picked up a cat and ignored my faces at him.

Friday during work August 6th: Andy Txted me asking if I wanted to go on a Bike ride that night after work since the weather is so nice.  I said yeah that's fine.

After work Friday:  I came home and immediately tried to crash on the bed.  Our new cat Franklin decided he would have none of that and destroyed my nap with his snuggles, face kneading and licking.  Andy came home from work and was immediately greeted by our friend John from out of town doing a drop by visit.  He let me sleep till 7:00 pm

After a VERY groggy wake up we headed out for our bike ride on the usual Bike Path which goes right past the North Bank Pavillion (where we want our reception).  We headed past that and up to the new single Arch Suspension Bridge. At Main Street
At the Bridge there was this small overlook across the low level Dam.  We stopped and Andy told me about it and how cool it looked and I sat down next to him when I noticed him fidgeting with this pocket and he said to me "The real reason I wanted to bring you out here is to give you a ring" and he took it out of his pocket and we had a small heartattack as he opened it and it was not there.  It had fallen out and gotten stuck into the lid.  After quickly finding it he put it on my finger and we oooh'd and awww'd in the sparkle of the sun starting to set.

Then we Rode home and I txt'd my family first and then called my Best Friend to share the happy news!

This was us all sweaty and right after the ride.

2 comments:

  1. Love it and sounds just like Andy! Congrats' to the happy couple! You guys are the cutest!

    ReplyDelete